Indiana Minority Business Magazine and Minority Business Review unveiled the winners of the 2024 Champions of Diversity Awards. The awards mark the 17th year of the annual recognition dinner, which acknowledges individuals, companies and organizations that have shown outstanding dedication to promoting diversity in Indiana.
CEO and President of Recorder Media Group Robert Shegog expressed his excitement about recognizing diversity champions.
“Bringing greater visibility to diversity, equity and inclusion advocates matters now more than ever,” Shegog said.
The annual event has grown in popularity, and in 2024, the Champions of Diversity footprint will expand to a national level through Minority Business Review.
Here are the 2024 Champions of Diversity Award winners:
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Freedom Award – Founder and President of Black Leadership Legacies Carolene Mays
- William G. Mays Excellence in Entrepreneurship Award – President and CEO of Professional Management Enterprises (PME) Haskell (Danny) D. Portee
- Rosa Parks Trailblazer Award – Chief Information Officer of the Indiana Department of Child Services Anushree M. Bag
- Lifetime Education Advocate Award – Building Blocks Academy
- Amos Brown Community Advocate Award – Regional Vice President of Radio ONE Deon Levingston
- President’s Choice Award – President and CEO of The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis Jennifer Pace Robinson
- Community Impact Award – Principal of Creative Strategies and Executive Coaching at Carve Brian Payne
- Golden Heart Award – Vice President and Chief Health Equity Officer at IU Health and School of Medicine Brownsyne Tucker Edmonds
- Visionary Impact Award – Executive Director at the Center for Justice at Purdue Northwest – Dr. Nicky Ali Jackson
- Breaking Barriers Award – Dr. Colette Pierce Burnette
- Social Justice Leader Award – Associate Vice President at Lilly Terry J. Morris
- Rising Star Award – CEO at the Holliday Collaborative Agency LaMar Holliday
- Stewardship Young Leader Award – Vice President and Marketing Executive at Bank of America Geordan C. Coleman
- Champions of Diversity in Consumer Goods & Retail Award – Procter & Gamble
- Emerald Leadership Award – Chief Commerical Officer at Concacaf Heidi Pellerano
- Champions of Diversity in Transportation Award – Delta Air Lines
- Champions of Diversity Excellence in Sports & Entertainment Award – Pacers Sports & Entertainment
- Sapphire Diversity Maverick Award – Partner at Barnes & Thornburg Alan Mills
- Champions of Diversity in Finance Award – JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Champions of Diversity in Technology Award – Google
The awards ceremony, scheduled for Friday, Jan. 12, 2024, is at the JW Marriott Indianapolis, located at 10 W. St. in Downtown Indianapolis. Attendees can network with other diversity champions during the reception at 5:30 p.m., with dinner starting promptly at 6:30 p.m. and concluding at approximately 8:30 p.m. Find out more at thechampionsofdiversity.com.